XHR and compat (was: Re: [XMLHttpRequest] Comments on Feb 13 draft)

On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 12:17:04 +0100, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
wrote:
>>> (I'm interested both in having existing behavior documented, but also
>>> to have precise APIs for future implementations)
>>  Right, me too. The problem is that you can't do both at the same time.
>
> Sort of. That we can't change legacy implementations is true, but we
> *can* describe how things should be done in future implementations. (Is
> there a timeline for a revision that takes us there???)

We are describing how things should be done in future implementations and
revisions of current implementations while remaining as backwards
compatible as possible.