Re: [XMLHttpRequest] Comments on Feb 13 draft

* Anne van Kesteren wrote:

>>>  Yes.
>>
>> So please clarify.
>
>Section 4.2 already talks about this quite explicitly. What do you want it
>to say?

I, too, have a hard time understanding what is being required here. For
example, if a user agent normally sends

  Accept: text/plain
  Accept: text/html
  Accept: application/xml

and a script does

  .setRequestHeader("Accept", "application/javascript");
  .setRequestHeader("Accept", "application/ecmascript");

How many Accept headers may there be in the request? RFC 2616 just says
when headers may be used multiple times and what it means if a message
includes the same header multiple times, as far as I am concerned, if
the request would be

  Accept: text/plain
  Accept: text/html
  Accept: application/xml
  Accept: application/javascript
  Accept: application/ecmascript

then from my perspective the user agent combined the values properly,
but the draft seems to attempt to make the request above illegal.