Re: [XHR] send doesn’t explain what to do when method is GET

Julian Reschke wrote:

> Jonas Sicking wrote:
>>> Disagreed. Please do not try to standardize HTTP APIs that profile
>>> what HTTP allows.
>>
>> XHR already disallows a lot of things that HTTP allows. Setting
>> certain headers, cross site requests, etc. Why is this different?
>
> XHR should only disallow things when there's a good reason to do so,
> that is, when the fact that XHR requests can be invoked by client-side
> script in HTML pages affects the security picture.
>
> I don't see what that would have to do with GET bodies.

Interoperability is IMHO a pretty good reason. I can't say I care super
much, but I still don't see any value in allowing bodies with GET requests.

But I do think that the spec does need to say something. Staying silent
and hoping that people won't depend on unspecified things is a tried and
failed method.

/ Jonas