SVG WG Member

From: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 16:15:53 +0100
To: "Jean-Yves Bitterlich" <Jean-Yves.Bitterlich@sun.com>
Cc: "Web API WG (public)" <public-webapi@w3.org>

Ikivo have told me that they also implemented already with the existing
event names, and would write to say so.

I am therefore resolving this issue by not changing the names.

cheers

Chaals

On Mon, 05 Nov 2007 21:34:50 +0100, Jean-Yves Bitterlich
<Jean-Yves.Bitterlich@sun.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> To the question in ISSUE-119 whether "[...] they already get implemented
> with these names somewhere?", the answer would yes given that the Final
> Release of "JSR-280 XML API" (http://www.jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=280)
> defines the following methods based on the already existing names:
>

> |boolean| 	|*getLengthComputable
> <cid:part1.04030001.07090808@sun.com>*()|
>           Specifies whether the total size of the transfer is known.
> | int| 	|*getLoaded <cid:part2.06010709.09060405@sun.com>*()|
>           Specifies the number of bytes downloaded since the beginning
> of the download.
> | int| 	|*getTotal <cid:part3.02060700.06050607@sun.com>*()|
>           Specifies the expected total number of bytes of the content
> transferred in the operation.
>

> Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
>>
>> Anne opined, a while ago, that these two attributes should have names
>> more closely related. In my request for further information, nobody
>> said they had any great reason for keeping the current names.
>>
>> I therefore propose to resolve this issue by changing the name
>> "lengthComputable" to "totalKnown". Any objections?
>>
>> cheers
>>
>> Chaals
>>
> Jean-Yves Bitterlich, Senior Staff Engineer
> Sun Microsystems GmbH, Sonnenallee 1, 85551 Heimstetten, Germany
>
> Geschäftsführer: Wolfgang Engels, Dr. Roland Bömer;
> Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Martin Häring
> Amtsgericht München: HRB 161028, WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 20803943
> HypoVereinsbank München, Konto 31 625 009, BLZ 700 202 70

http://my.opera.com/chaals              Try the Kestrel - Opera 9.5 alpha

Andrew Sledd
Ikivo AB
Östermalmsgatan 87 C
SE-114 59 Stockholm
Sweden
Mobile: +46 70 305  7712
Fax: +46 8 534 811 86
Email: andrew.sledd@ikivo.com
<http://www.ikivo.com/> http://www.ikivo.com <http://www.ikivo.com/>

The information transmitted in this email and any attachment(s) is intended solely for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential, proprietary or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination, reproduction, disclosure, reliance upon or any other use of this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. If you received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete all related material forthwith.