Re: [XHR] HTTP Version

On 6 Dec 2007, at 19:21, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> On Thu, 06 Dec 2007 18:28:29 +0100, Geoffrey Sneddon <foolistbar@googlemail.com
> > wrote:
>> There appears to be no way to get the HTTP version the server used
>> in its response, yet the rest of the response line can be accessed
>> (including the meaningless statusText). Is there any reason for
>> this not to be added?
>
> I think the opposite question is what we'd like an answer to. So far
> I haven't seen any requests for that functionality at all.

Well, the reason I came across it (as you may be able to guess
yourself) is writing a test suite for HTTP parsing, and checking that
the parsed version is what is sent. However, a more "common" reason I
can see is if you are wanting to do something that can only be done
with an HTTP/1.1 server and not an HTTP/1.0 one (as sending some such
requests to an HTTP/1.0 server is non-conforming).

--
Geoffrey Sneddon
<http://gsnedders.com/>