Fw: Re: Consensus call - new Progress draft

Some comments that were discussed on the member list.

----- Forwarded message from Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com> -----

From: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 19:10:14 +0200
To: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>, Web API WG <member-webapi@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Consensus call - new Progress draft

Cam, are you happy to forward this to the public list (with my replies...)

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 02:56:42 +0200, Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
wrote:

>There’s a typo in the “Latest W3C Working Draft” link, but I guess
>that’ll be fixed up when you rejig that top section for pubrules anyway.
>
>Maybe some style for .issue would make it stand out from the surrounding
>text.  The middle paragraph in the SotD looks a bit confusing without
>it.

It's there in my local copy and in the draft I am looking at...

Ah, but because I have an XHTML source that is then pretending to be HTML
to cater for a certain browser that doesn't deal with XHTML it might not
come out. I guess I can shift the whole document to HTML :\ ...

>In the Conformance section, the sentence
>
>  A conformant specification is one in which this specification includes
>  all the requirements identified in the section Referring to progress
>  events from other specifications.
>
>“this specification” sounds like it is referring to the progress event
>spec.  Instead, maybe:
>
>  A conformant specification is one which includes all the requirements
>  identified in the section Referring to progress events from other
>  specifications.
>
>In the prose for the 'loaded' IDL attribute, there’s a stray space
>before a comma, and RFC2616 isn’t a link to the bibliography entry.
>
>There’s a stray space before a full stop in the prose for
>initProgressEvent.

Fixed.

>That the values for canBubbleArg and cancelableArg are ignored is not
>consistent with other events defined in DOM 3 Events, which says that
>each “overrides the intrinsic bubbling [/cancelable] behavior of the
>event”.

Raised ISSUE-118. Removing what it says there and deferring to D3E would
be consistent with the bit that says D3E is the normative reference. But
that would overturn the decision that the events must not foo (I am happy
to overturn that decision if the group is), which is reflected in the must
statement after the table of events.

>“true” and “false” values are sometimes italicised, sometimes not.
>
>A full stop is missing at the end of the lengthComputableArg
>description.

Fixed.

>Why not use unsigned longs for loadedArg and totalArg?

They are unsigned longs in the IDL but not the prose. Made the prose
follow the IDL

>There’s an extra full stop at the end of the paragraph in Example 2.
>
>The ‘b’ in the viewBox attribute in the SVG example needs to be
>capitalised.
>
>A couple of the informative references have “Ed.” before the author’s
>name instead of after.

fixed.

Thanks for all these.

Cheers