Re: [comment-rex] result of an event

Hi Karl,

On Jul 03, 2006, at 06:32, karl@w3.org wrote:
> About http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-rex-20060202/#elem-event
>
> What's happening when an event replaces a chunk of XML in a
> document and for example creates a new id in the document which
> already exists elsewhere. Specifically when a further event applies
> on this specific id value.
> Ex: 1. document with id="foo"
> 	2. event1 creates another id="foo" somewhere
> 	3. event2 applies on id="foo" (but there are now two in the document)

In order to avoid redefining the error handling defined in other
specifications, REX defers to the underlying DOM that is being
manipulated for such issues, as described in section 6.1. If the
underlying DOM has undefined behaviour for such a case, it's not our
job to fix it.

Hoping that this addresses your concern,

--
Robin Berjon
    Senior Research Scientist