Re: cookies and XMLHttpRequest

On Mon, 15 May 2006 23:54:07 -0000, David Flanagan
<david@davidflanagan.com> wrote:
> Perhaps you did not see my response to Jonas' message:

Yeah, sorry about that.

>> [...]
>
> My original point was simply that there is a non-parallelism in the spec
> as it stands now.  Outgoing cookies are explicitly addressed, but
> incoming cookies are not.  If you make it clear that XMLHttpRequest uses
> the HTTP facilities of the UA, then that would satisfy me.

The specification has the following regarding this:

    If the user agent supports HTTP State Mangement
    [RFC2109][RFC2965] it should persist, discard
    and send cookies (as received in the Set-Cookie
    and Set-Cookie2 response headers, and sent in
    the Cookie header) as applicable.

... and the specification has HTTP in its name. I think it's clear enough
and the WG agrees, fwiw.