Re: ISSUE-96: What happens if a Node StaticNodeList points to no longer exists?

On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 09:13:28 -0700, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
>> ISSUE-96: What happens if a Node StaticNodeList points to no longer
>> exists?
>
> Isn't the right solution to make sure the node cannot start existing
> while the StaticNodeList exists?  The spec should document this, imo.

I'm not sure what you mean here. After discussing this with Maciej and
reading what Lachlan said I'm convinced this isn't really an issue at all.
I hope I haven't confused too many people :-)

Please let me know if this satisfies this and your other comment on this
issue.

The rationale is that in any languages you can create nodes using
document.createElement() which are not part of the DOM and when you remove
nodes from the DOM you shouldn't just remove them because people might
still have pointers to them.