Re: [comment] XMLHttpRequest Object - Conformance Model

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 08:45:27 +0200, Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org> wrote:
> Good there is a conformance section in your document but which is a bit
> dry, maybe once you have defined your class of products, you could
> define what does that mean to be conformant to XMLHttpRequest.

Added the following:

   conforming implementation
     A UA that implements all interfaces described in this
     specification and follows all MUST-, REQUIRED- and SHALL-level
     of critera in this specification.
   conforming document
     A document that follows all MUST-, REQUIRED- and SHALL-level
     of critera in this specification that apply to document
     authors.
   conforming authoring tool
     One that produces conforming documents.

Now the last two are probably a bit meaningless as I've heard various
people say that it's virtually impossible to check if a document is
conforming once scripting is involved, but having them doesn't hurt I
think. I'm also happy with dropping them though.