Re: Proposal for mousewheel events

On Mar 27, 2006, at 5:38 PM, Ian Hickson wrote:

> "button" only applies to events where a button was pressed. Thus it
> doesn't apply to mousewheel/mousewheelx events, just like it doesn't
> apply to mouseover events.

Works for me. In fact, the spec even seems to say that already:
"During mouse events caused by the depression or release of a mouse
button, button is used to indicate which mouse button changed state."
The spec doesn't actually say what the value of button should be for
other events, though, as far as I can tell.