Re: ACTION-70: Define the scope chain of onFoo events reference issue-1

Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
> * Jonas Sicking wrote:
>> Do we really only want to do this for HTML attributes? It's not a
>> particularly beautiful thing to do, but on the other hand it's always
>> nice when things behave everywhere.
>
> Well, this behavior is pretty much limited to HTML onfoo="" attributes,
> you don't have it for SVG onfoo="" attributes in most implementations,
> or addEventListener listeners, or <script> listeners, ... and since you
> would ultimiately have to change handleEvent's signature, I don't think
> that is a good idea.

My suggestion was only to do this for onfoo attributes. Not for
addEventListener calls or <script> listeners. So there is no need to
change the signature of handleEvent.

> Note that this isn't as simple as if the return
> value is false: preventDefault; what you do depends on the event type.

Are you referring to the fact that for the mouseover event (or was it
some other mouse* event?) the return value should be true to call
preventDefault?

/ Jonas