Re: Optional method arguments in the DOM

On Jun 29, 2006, at 22:12, Joseph Kesselman wrote:
> We didn't do optional arguments for the same reasons we didn't do some
> other things in the DOM: they aren't supported in enough languages
> that
> they really belong in the core/portable/standardized specification.

Given that they can be mapped naturally onto Javascript and Java (and
a bunch of others), and given that language-specific bindings can
override that to make them required if it's really needed, I don't
see why we shouldn't have them.

--
Robin Berjon
    Senior Research Scientist