Re: [selectors-api] Security Considerations and stability

Le 27 juil. 06 à 07:08, Ian Hickson a écrit :
> On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 karl@w3.org wrote:
>>
>> What is hostile content?
>
> Content that attempts to subvert the implementation.

Then say it. I think it will help.

> Quite literally,
> hostile content.

I'm very careful with what people consider obvious. The W3C
specifications are full of obvious statement.  There are more than
one meaning to words.

 From WordNet (r) 2.0 :

   hostile
        adj 1: characterized by enmity or ill will; "a hostile
nation"; "a
               hostile remark"; "hostile actions" [ant: amicable]
        2: not belonging to your own country's forces or those of an
           ally; "hostile naval and air forces" [ant: friendly]
        3: very unfriendly; "a hostile attitude"
        4: impossible to bring into friendly accord; "hostile factions"
        5: very unfavorable to life or growth; "a hostile climate"; "an
           uncongenial atmosphere"; "an uncongenial soil"; "the
           unfriendly environment at high altitudes" [syn: uncongenial,
            unfriendly]
        6: marked by features that oppose constructive treatment or
           development; "not able to accomplish much in such a
           hostile environment"
        7: used of attempts to buy or take control of a business;
           "hostile takeover"; "hostile tender offer"

Hoping that my comment was not taken as an hostile(6) comment. ;)

>> How do you test the "remain stable" assertion?
>
> Spot checking, mostly, though this is an area that has a number of
> domain
> experts and, indeed, a community dedicated to finding such issues.

Note that we were more than happy to see a security section.

Thanks for your clarification Ian.

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***