Re: About XMLHttpRequest Draft

On 2006/07/17, at 5:14 PM, Óscar Toledo G. wrote:

> After reading the draft, appears as setRequestHeader mustignore
> Content-MD5, User-Agent and From headers, as Content-MD5 can be
> only calculated after the send methodhas generated the data, and
> User-Agent and From are generally provided by the UA.

Content-MD5 is not set by most UAs, and so it's useful for the author
to set it manually. While it may be difficult to calculate (esp. if
the content is a DOMString), it's certainly possible.

Likewise, From is not normally set by UAs automatically, and it might
be useful in some contexts.

I can easily see a case where a library or other XHR application
might want to append something to the UA header.

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham
mnot@yahoo-inc.com