Re: Window object, very rough cut of proposed content for first version of spec

On 2/14/06, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com> wrote:
> On Feb 14, 2006, at 3:29 AM, Jim Ley wrote:
> > In IE that would attempt to execute timerFunc by a script engine
> > represented by the string "it worked".
>
> According to Anne it sounds like it calls it with no arguments instead.

That's what it does if there's no handler for that script engine, it
just uses the default engine.

> Existing code could depend on it being an integer. I don't see much
> reason to change it. It would be more elegant to use an opaque
> interface, but not enough to risk breaking existing code.

I don't believe there is any code that relies on it being an integer
or there are any use cases (because you can't actually do anything
with the number other than pass it to clearTimeout).

Cheers,

Jim.