Re: [REX] Non conformant example

Hi Fabrice,

On Feb 09, 2006, at 12:47, Fabrice Desré - France Telecom R&D/MAPS/
AMS wrote:
>  My understanding is that the example at [1] (Removing an element)
> is not compliant with the path syntax [2] : it uses a predicate
> [@class="poodle-stylist-location"] when the path syntax only allows
> positional predicates ("For each step a predicate may
> be used, which is limited to only containing an integer indicating
> position.")

This is correct, and we intend to fix it. The reason for this is that
the subset of XPath being used is still under discussion, and in this
case the examples became a touch outdated. I believe there are other
small glitches of this kind, the idea being that the specification
should give a good feel for the language.

Note that implementations are allowed to implement more of XPath than
the specification mandates for the baseline. The given message can
therefore be interpreted, though it belongs to an extended set.

Thanks a lot for your feedback!

--
Robin Berjon
    Senior Research Scientist