Re: Selectors API naming

On Sun, 24 Dec 2006 16:26:51 +0100, Martijn <martijn.martijn@gmail.com>
wrote:
> - It's too generic. Instead of matchAll, it could have been named
> getAll, collectAll, etc.

I would be fine with get() and getAll() on document (and element). I agree
that they would make more sense.

> - It is inconsistent with current naming. Isn't there a need/desire
> for the w3c to be consistent with the naming of new methods regarding
> older specs?

Not if the old methods effectively become obsolete. True enough, they
return a live NodeList and so might be useful for some use cases but I
don't think that goes for the majority if you see the usage of such
methods on the web.