Re: A Somewhat Critical View of SOP (Same Origin Policy)

As this has degenerated into what I consider flaming, I've removed
others from the CC list and I don't plan on responding further.

On 09/23/2015 09:12 PM, Harry Halpin wrote:
> TL;DR
>
> As its pretty clear we're just rehashing known problems with
> violating same origin policy and basic crypto key management issues,
>  I will now turn my spam filter back on :)

I do agree we're getting no where, but for different reasons. Accusing
someone of positions they don't hold and then telling them any response
will be considered spam isn't a discussion. No wonder the motivations of
others are unclear to you.

> However, action was necessitated as I have had complaints from
> various members and non-members (including members of the Bitcoin
> community) over excessive emails both on-list and off-list from
> WebID+TLS Community Group members, Credentials Community Group, and
> Anders - and even harassment of W3C Team members via Skype and
> Facebook asking for "support" of these specs. At least personally
> I've had to block members of the WebID and Credentials CG on popular
> social media sites due to the level of spam and due to abuse remove
> one member from a Working Group. Strangely, this really seems
> motivated by about a dozen people with emotional attachment to
> certain specs, not a huge upsurge of grassroots support from
> end-users.

The implication that a member of the Credentials CG or the entire group
is guilty, by association, of harassment is quite unbecoming. Did they
also have mustaches? As you know, W3C Community Groups are freely open
to all on the Internet.

--
Dave Longley
CTO