Re: Charter Proposal: "Trusted Code" for the Web

Virginie,

On Wednesday 18 March 2015 12:58:27 GALINDO Virginie wrote:
> I don’t see how you can state that this is a replacement of the smart card
> effort, without even consulting the companies supporting it.

I don't see that such an effort is "replacing" the smart card effort. I think
both will benefit from each other as it is one thing to have trusted (signed?)
code. But from my work with trusted computing, I also know that the key trust
has to come from somewhere. And here, as in the TPM, trusted hardware can play
a role. I don't know whether I want the full processing be solely on the smart
card (you could do that, I know), but a system could allow for a combination.

So, no, it does NOT replace work on smart cards, but it could complement that
work.

 --Rigo