Re: Next steps and note to mailing list about Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct

On 02/20/2015 04:33 AM, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
> * Harry Halpin wrote:

>>> When should we expect "determination of next steps" from the "ombudsman"
>>> regarding your behavior towards the victim of your attacks?
>>
>> Please see the Code of Conduct. Anyone can file a complaint at anytime
>> as given by the procedures.
>
> Please do whatever might help to stop your attacks, and please let us
> know when we should expect progress reports.

I would personally would prefer constructive technical discussions
rather than predicting the success or failure of an standardization
effort, particularly when historically its shown such prediction may be
incorrect. It is, after all, the job of the chair with support of the
staff to keep the group on-topic with technical discussion rather than
get lost in the weeds of prognostication. If one does not agree with the
topic and cannot agree with the Code of Conduct, the sensible thing to
do would probably be to leave the mailing list and devote energies
elsewhere.

        cheers,
            harry