Re: [Web Crypto Next] Lets start discussing !

Hi Anders.
As you know, I always appreciate your feedback, ideas and support.

A smartcard containig a component certificate, like some eID, would be
cappable of stablishing a trusted communication within a server/enroll
authority.
Even a mutual, whereas card will accept only requests from trustable
servers.

What I dont like from FIDO: not based on PKI, so many things must be thown
away
What I dont like from current WebCrypto/Keydiscovery: not being able to use
smartcards, dont have control of which card is populated, batch signing.

I also like your proposal (
http://webpki.org/papers/PKI/pki-webcrypto.pdf#page=2) but my intention was
to give WG "another use case", as requested by Virgine Galindo. This is
what our widely-hated applet does.

Perhaps an APDU server-browser-card protocol is the solution...
Whatever, this has been -excuse me- a pain in the ass, and for that reason
google, apple an others are creating alternative solutions not based on
pki, certificates or "client signing".

I hope WG will understand end-user needs and dont let -again- smarcards out
of scope.
Regards.