RE: Draft report: W3C WebCrypto v.Next report

A key point missing from the minutes is that platform-held secure keys were discussed as much as device-held keys.  These can be held in either in TPMs, TEEs, or other secure elements.  At a minimum, in the next steps, I would change “Hardware tokens in scope” to “Platform-held keys and hardware tokens in scope”.

I would also suggest describing the poll that I held that resulted in people unanimously agreeing that adding the ability to use platform-accessible secure keys (both platform-held and device-held keys) from the browser is a critical next step.

                                                                -- Mike

From: Colin Gallagher [mailto:colingallagher.rpcv@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2014 11:50 AM
To: GALINDO Virginie
Cc: Wendy Seltzer; public-web-security@w3.org; Harry Halpin; john.mattsson@ericsson.com; Israel Hilerio; Mike Jones
Subject: RE: Draft report: W3C WebCrypto v.Next report

The wiki / content looks great! Thank you!
On Oct 17, 2014 8:29 AM, "GALINDO Virginie" <Virginie.Galindo@gemalto.com<mailto:Virginie.Galindo@gemalto.com>> wrote:
Harry,

Sorry if I missed something, but the draft report is not on http://www.w3.org/2012/webcrypto/webcrypto-next-workshop/.

So I recommend people to read directly the wiki version you created here : https://www.w3.org/Security/wiki/Cryptoreport#DRAFT_Final_Report