Re: Fwd: [saag] IETF-89 BoF and WG session requests due end next week

Tobias,

one of the central topics in security for me is usability. We slide into a
system fostering pervasive monitoring only because our tools are too hard to
use.
One of the central issues is authentication (not identification, I don't need
to know the name/address of scubidoo34) I just want to be sure that I really
share my conversation with scubidoo34 and not somebody else.

The other bigger issue I see is with group communication. There, crypto has so
far not produced viable results AFAIK.

Then, there is the question of momentum and interest. Looks like despite all
the outcry, security remains a very individual thing and people do not really
see the potential or necessity of standardization (as in joint development).

I would hope for contributions along those lines for the STRINT Workshop
https://www.w3.org/2014/strint/participate.html

 --Rigo
 STRINT Co-chair
 STREWS Technical coordinator