Re: Understanding the security model for the sandbox directive

I think maintaining the sandbox state across navigation is only important in a subframe case because the outer framing content must remain protected across these events.

For sandboxing applied by the server, it's the server that needs to apply protection uniformly, not the browser.

e.g. if I want to block script execution on user-contrib.paypal-sandbox.com to help prevent resources there from scripting each other, it doesn't matter if a resource there can navigate to evil.example.com and execute script from that origin - I have standard SOP protections in that case.

If it navigates elsewhere on user-contrib.paypal-sandbox.com, my server can still force the correct sandbox header on that content.

Am I missing something?

Brad Hill
Sr. MTS, Internet Standards and Governance
PayPal Information Risk Management
cell: 206.245.7844 / skype: hillbrad