Re: [Content Security Policy] Proposal to move the debate forward

On 27/01/11 18:35, Daniel Veditz wrote:
>> 2) Make it more granular but simply tie it to the relevant tag name.
>> So, we could have allow[img] = ..., allow[embed] = ..., etc. This is
>> more immediately extensible, and allows unrecognized rules to be
>> skipped more confidently.
>
> Attractive from an educational point of view, easy to understand.
> Your<xxx>  didn't load because you didn't add an allow[xxx] policy.
>
> I'd say "feature name" rather than "tag name". XHR isn't a tag, nor
> is font-face.

And once you do that, you basically have roughly what we have now, but
with a slightly different syntax. (Now: <feature>-src; Then:
allow[feature]). As soon as you move away from 1:1 tag matching, you
will have the problem of deciding whether a new browser feature fits an
existing value, or needs a new value.

IOW, I don't think allow[tag] works and I don't think allow[feature] is
different to what we have now.

Gerv