Re: text/sandboxed-html

On 1/12/10 9:21 PM, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> That does seem like a potential improvement, so long as
> "text/html-sandboxed" has the same effect of load failure in legacy UAs
> (I haven't tested).

In Gecko both types (text/html-sandboxed and text/sandboxed-html) put up
the helper app prompt.  In Opera they both show an error page with a
"download default" link.  In Safari both are treated as text/plain.  In
Chrome they both seem to cause the content to be silently ignored.

The Gecko behavior and possibly the Safari/Opera behavior seems like it
might be a problem for this approach in the near term, no?

I don't have IE to hand right this second, or anything more interesting
(amaya, lynx, etc).

-Boris