Re: HTTP Mutual-auth proposal status / HTTP AUTH meet-up in Anaheim?

Dear Daniel,

Daniel Stenberg <daniel@haxx.se> writes:

> means which is beyond the scope of this protocol but still I think the
> way that is written is slightly misleading.

You're correct, and as you might guess the phrase is for
phishing-like attacks.  We still need TLS against eavesdropping.

# In our scheme passwords itself are safe even with eavesdropping,
# but we don't claim that it's enough for security.

I will seek for better and clearer phrase in the next draft.

Thank you very much,

--
Yutaka OIWA, Ph.D.                                       Research Scientist
                            Research Center for Information Security (RCIS)