Re: Sandboxed iframes (was Re: Seamless iframes + CSS3 selectors = bad idea)

On Dec 6, 2009, at 8:31 AM, Adam Barth wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 7:06 AM, sird@rckc.at <sird@rckc.at> wrote:
>> Anyway, maybe I misunderstood what he said, I thought he meant in
>> chrome it
>> was a new and exclusive origin (different from the parent one) and
>> my tests
>> sort of confirmed that.
>
> WebKit-based browser (Safari, Chrome, etc) use a unique origin for
> data URLs.  This is out-of-spec with HTML5, but Maciej and other think
> the spec's behavior is a security vulnerability.

I don't think the spec's behavior is a security vulnerability, just
the way Ian informally described it. The actual spec text appears not
to be practically implementable (or perhaps it is just missing the
details that make it implementable and secure).

Regards,
Maciej