Re: Sandboxed iframes (was Re: Seamless iframes + CSS3 selectors = bad idea)

On Dec 6, 2009, at 1:38 AM, Ian Hickson wrote:

> On Sun, 6 Dec 2009, sird@rckc.at wrote:
>>
>> ian, isnt allow-same-origin confusing? since if its same origin what
>> stops you from linking it and bypassing those protections.
>
> allow-same-origin is only really intended to be used with the
> aforementioned doc="" attribute idea (eventually) and data: URIs (in
> the
> meantime). The example you mention is indeed misleading.

It seems like a data: URI would not do the trick, since it already has
a unique origin, so allow-same-origin would not do what it is intended
to. I believe you would have to document.write() into the iframe's
content document (after loading about:blank), or load it with a
javascript: URI containing a constant string.

Regards,
Maciej