Sandboxed iframes (was Re: Seamless iframes + CSS3 selectors = bad idea)

On Sat, Dec 5, 2009 at 11:10 PM, sird@rckc.at <sird@rckc.at> wrote:
> anyway i will start another thread regarding sandbox iframes... i think they
> are useless.. but maybe its a misunderstanding.

What's problematic about sandboxed iframes?  There is a problem if the
attacker navigates the user to the contents of the iframe outside of
the sandbox, but I suspect we'll eventually solve that by letting
sites specify the sandbox directives in an HTTP header (a la
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Security/CSP/Sandbox).

Is there something else you had in mind?  If you'd like to experiment,
the latest WebKit nightlies should support the feature.

Adam