Re: EFF Honors Paid Eolas Patent Expert Witness

TheoDP@aol.com wrote:

> While The Register marvels that the 'EFF honors EFF founder with EFF
> award' [1],
> even more curious is the selection of Princeton CS Professor Ed Felten
> receive the second of three EFF Pioneer Awards [3].

I for one am happy to hear of Ed Felten receiving recognition for his
work. Being a paid witness and speaking your mind is perfectly
acceptable- indeed, speaking his mind is one of Professor Felten's
supreme virtues, particularly in a world where too much software is
snake-oil and security through obscurity is a profitable enterprise.

Indeed, if I was given the chance to testify against Microsoft on a
subject I cared passionately about and end up getting paid for it...
well, let's just say I'd do it in a heartbeat. This case is very unusual
in that Microsoft is on the side of kittens and puppies.

Archer

End.