Page Visibility Level 2 Accessibility Considerations

From: Becky Gibson <gibson.becky@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 13:14:07 -0400
Cc: W3C WAI Accessible Platform Architectures <public-apa@w3.org>
To: public-web-perf@w3.org
Hello,

A few years ago this group requested assistance from the APA working group to clarify the visibility state of a page when it
is fully obscured by an accessibility tool (https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2018Jul/0020.html <https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2018Jul/0020.html>).  We are cleaning up old action items and reviewed the Accessibility Considerations section in the current editor’s draft of Page Visibility Level 2 (https://w3c.github.io/page-visibility/#accessibility-considerations <https://w3c.github.io/page-visibility/#accessibility-considerations>).

Thank you for including this section and we have reviewed and agree with the information as written.  We appreciate your group including considering accessibility within your specifications. The APA group will strive to respond to review requests in a more timely manner.

thanks,
Becky Gibson and Janina Sajka
Co-chairs APA Working Group

Becky Gibson