Re: Call for Consensus - CR publishing

> On 16 Apr 2021, at 12:46 am, Yoav Weiss <yoavweiss@google.com> wrote:
>
> The high level plan is to move those specifications to CR, and then keep them there as a Living Standard, with regular CR draft publication and periodic CR updates.

Wouldn't it be preferable to publish them as REC and then have them as actual Living Standards (in as far as a REC is a "standard")? My understanding is that the 2020 Process allows subsequent RECs to have new features, as long as it's clearly stated in each specification.

The, having these documents as living RECs seems preferable to me, at least… and gets us out of the perpetual CR situation that Process 2020 was supposed to fix.