Re: WebPerfWG F2F 2020 - Save the date

The chairs just discussed this yesterday evening.

Given that many folks can't fly in, and the fact that one of the venues
cancelled as they no longer allowed to run events of this type (both due to
COVID-19 restrictions), it seems safe to say the event in the originally
planned form will be cancelled.

What we discussed was to try and run a slightly different formula. Our F2F
events in the past were composed of 3 different components:
1) Making progress on adopted specs.
2) Presenting proposals to the group.
3) Hearing feedback from and brainstorm with industry participants to
understand the platform's performance gaps we need to focus on.

While (1) and (2) can be done online, (3) seems like it would be
significantly more effective in in-person format.

Therefore, *we plan to run a dedicated day for (3) sometimes later in the
year*, once the smoke clears around COVID-19. It would most probably be
somewhere in Q3 (or end of Q2, if things take a surprising turn).
Regarding (2), I think we're making good progress on that during our
bi-weekly calls.

(1) seems like it would benefit from a format change. Not all existing
specs interest everyone that is making it to our calls, so it seems like we
could *benefit from having dedicated calls on specific specs* that require
discussion, with potentially smaller groups.

More details to follow!