Re: [7/21/15] webperf teleconf

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 09:50:20 -0400
To: Ilya Grigorik <igrigorik@google.com>, public-web-perf <public-web-perf@w3.org>

On 10/20/2015 07:31 PM, Ilya Grigorik wrote:
>  3. "Red warning" for TR/hr-time
>      1. https://github.com/w3c/hr-time/issues/15

hr-time-2 has poor implementations so far, due to lack of proper worker
support outside chrome (only chrome supports workerStart), so I don't
think we're at the point of deprecating hr-time-1 entirely yet.

Nevertheless, there needs to be a way for advanced developers to realize
that looking at a 2012 Rec isn't the best if you're interested in the
state of the art.

Back in June, I proposed a naming convention for webperf docs:
  https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-perf/2015Jun/0080.html
It got pushed on the side because I got busy doing some rearchitecture
on our drafts. Now that this is well advanced (ie our specs are starting
to make sense together), it may be time to do the great renaming.
In addition, we can add visible notes to indicate that work is ongoing
for vnexts.

Philippe