Re: Future of lazyload attribute | [ResourcePriorities]

On Fri, May 8, 2015 at 12:39 PM, Nik Matsievsky <speed@webo.name> wrote:

> Who knows is there any (coming) specifications about lazyload feature (for
> images / media files)? It's quite useful for heavy websites.

If we're specifically talking about modifying fetch priority, then this
should be first addressed in Fetch API. That is, we should figure out the
right JS API for exposing control over transport prioritization (in HTTP/2
world: dependencies and weights), and then consider exposing a markup
version... a single "lazyload" attribute is not sufficient.

On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 1:14 AM, Hiroshi Kawada <kawada.hirosi@gmail.com>
wrote:

> > Lazyload attribute is similar to the part of HTTP 2 features.
> Server Push in HTTP2 covers the use case of lazyload attribute. So it's
> not adaptive for Web Developers, if HTTP 2 implementation is earlier than
> lazyload attribute.

These things don't compete with each other. HTTP/2 and prioritization work
very well together because we can communicate dependency and weight for
each stream to the server. The application should be able to control what
values are sent.

ig