setImmediate usage on the web

From: Todd Reifsteck <toddreif@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 18:34:24 +0000
To: "public-web-perf@w3.org" <public-web-perf@w3.org>
I promised a few weeks ago to come back to the Web Performance Group with data on setImmediate usage within Microsoft Edge. Upon examining the data, I found that it required more parsing and analysis because the usage was much higher than I expected. What I discovered was that the usage was much higher in scenarios where setImmediate was guaranteed to be available such as Windows Store applications.

% of Navigations that include a usage of setImmediate

*         Microsoft Edge browser navigations-4.73%

*         All instances of edgehtml.dll (including apps)-21.88%

-Todd