Re: Making sense of the various web performance specifications

On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 8:22 AM, Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org> wrote:

>  My goal here is to make sure that all versions of our specs, like
> /TR/navigation-timing/, /TR/performance-timeline/ points to the latest
> version in sync with the editors drafts.

I think this would go _a long way_ towards resolving the confusion Boris
highlighted. I'll admit that I read and reference w3c.github.io/* links
only exactly because of this. Let's talk through the logistics of how to
make this happen (and keep it up to date moving forward) on this weeks call.

> One idea we've been meaning to do but never took the time was to rewrite
> Navigation Timing on top of Resource Timing. Right now, there is a lot of
> duplication between the 2 specs and we often forget to keep them in sync,
> which means we have inconsistencies. If we still believe it's a good idea,
> we'll need a volunteer to give it a try.

I think this would be a big win, we should prioritize this.

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 6:52 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:

> On 6/10/15 11:22 AM, Philippe Le Hegaret wrote:
>
>> Re dependency graph, would it be helpful to have a primer document to
>> help folks understand how the API fits together?
>>

> Yes, it would.

Not claiming this is complete, but here's how it at lines up in my head:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZKW9N0cteHgK91SyYQONFuy2ZW6J4Oak398niTo232E

ig