Re: More on workerStart

On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 12:49 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:

> On 6/4/15 3:39 PM, Ilya Grigorik wrote:
>
>> Are you referring to "If there is no previous document, this attribute
>> must return the same value as fetchStart"?
>>

> Yes.
>
>  As ppi@ noted in his doc: "In fact, however, the HTML spec requires
>> every new browsing context to load the about:blank document at
>> initialization, therefore there is always a previous document and this
>> particular condition never applies." [1]
>>

> That note is incorrect, because this condition applies to the about:blank
> document that's loaded at initialization!  That's the whole point.  We've
> covered all this ground before, on this mailing list...

Ok, think I found your previous note about it:
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-perf/2014Jul/0007.html. How
about...

"If there is no previous document, the time origin must be equal to the
time when the [attempt to obtain the resource is made][1] (step 14 of
navigation algorithm)."

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/browsers.html#navigate