Re: More on workerStart

On 6/2/15 1:59 PM, Jonas Sicking wrote:
> Please don't do any operation for Shared Workers or Service Workers
> based on which document started it. That is bound to break things once
> a user opens multiple tabs and cause the same Shared Worker to be
> reused by multiple documents.

To be clear, in this situation each of those documents has a separate
SharedWorker object, which all share a SharedWorkerGlobalScope.

So we _could_ usefully have all the different SharedWorker objects
returning different workerStart values as desired, as long as we define
"started it" as "called the SharedWorkerConstructor" (in some sense) as
opposed to "caused the creation of the SharedWorkerGlobalScope".

But yes, "started it" is not a useful term here; it's misleading at best
and wrong at worst, depending on what people mean when they say it.

-Boris