Re: [agenda] Web Performance WG Teleconference #138 Agenda 2014-10-08

Just realized I won't be able to dial in today -- need to catch a flight. A
few comments...

On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 5:42 PM, Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org> wrote:

> A few folks are interested in meeting so here is an agenda for tomorrow:
>
> - Resource Priorities/Resource Hints next steps

For Resource Hints, see:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-perf/2014Oct/0018.html -
would appreciate any feedback or comments. I've also pinged whatwg [1]
about the overlap with rel=preload, which I think we should handle in
Resource Hints.

[1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-whatwg-archive/2014Oct/0104.html

> - Web Smoothness

Big +1 to this. I believe Michael will dial-in to discuss the proposal on
the call. We have a prototype implementation for Chrome, and I'd love to
hear feedback from other vendors.

> - Github new repos
> - "needed for above the fold visuals" indicator in RT API

I'm skeptical that we can define this as a generic concept. Further,
rel=preload + loadsettings provides the necessary primitives to implement
"lazyload". With that in mind, I'm wondering if we should consider retiring
ResourcePriorities.

> - Page Visibility 2 update
> - HAR? need microsecond accuracy for HAR timings
> - TPAC face-to-face agenda
> - Catching up with the backlog of issues and spec udpates

Off the top of my head, a few issues I'd like to see on the list:
- exposing protocol (http/2) in RT/NT
- exposing resource size / cache data in RT/NT
- move forward on Error Logging
- Smoothness!

ig