W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-web-perf@w3.org > March 2014

{minutes} 2014-04-26 Web Performance Working Group: Resource Priorities, HRT2, Beacon, etc.

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 15:47:37 -0400
Message-ID: <1395863257.2725.41.camel@chacal>
To: public-web-perf <public-web-perf@w3.org>
Available at
 http://www.w3.org/2014/03/26-webperf-minutes.html

Text version:

              Web Performance Working Group Teleconference

26 Mar 2014

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2014/03/26-webperf-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Tobin, Mike, Philippe, Rob

   Chair
          Tobin

   Scribe
          plh

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]resource priorities
         2. [5]HRT2
         3. [6]Beacon
         4. [7]RAF
         5. [8]Other issues
     * [9]Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________

resource priorities

   Tobin: last week, we were wondering if the HTML WG was still
   up-to-date with resource priorities. talked to Travis.

   <tobint>
   [10]http://www.w3.org/2014/03/20-html-wg-minutes.html#item09

     [10] http://www.w3.org/2014/03/20-html-wg-minutes.html#item09

   Tobin: also joined the conference call for the html wg
   ... and bring them in sync
   ... they did tell us that we can bring things in the spec, once
   we're ready
   ... two items
   ... wanted to scope down resource priorities
   ... ie remove postpone for now
   ... until we have a good handle on the rest
   ... is there something we still want to do?

   plh: seems so, from the list

   [11]http://www.w3.org/2010/webperf/track/actions/open

     [11] http://www.w3.org/2010/webperf/track/actions/open

   <scribe> ACTION: Tobin to remove postpone from Resource
   Priorities [recorded in
   [12]http://www.w3.org/2014/03/26-webperf-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-130 - Remove postpone from resource
   priorities [on Tobin Titus - due 2014-04-02].

   close action-129

   <trackbot> Closed action-129.

   Tobin: once we scope down, we'll push an update

HRT2

   [13]http://www.w3.org/2010/webperf/track/issues/13

     [13] http://www.w3.org/2010/webperf/track/issues/13

   plh: this is a last call issue

   [14]http://www.w3.org/TR/dom/#interface-event

     [14] http://www.w3.org/TR/dom/#interface-event

   plh: there is a timeStamp there
   ... of DOMTimeStamp
   ... and doesn't use DOMHighResStamp
   ... so, is it DOM or HR2 issue?

   [15]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom/2012OctDec/0028
   .html

     [15]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom/2012OctDec/0028.html

   Tobin: I'll need to check with Jatinder on this one

   <scribe> ACTION: Tobin to follow with Jatinder on HRT2 and DOM
   Events [recorded in
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2014/03/26-webperf-minutes.html#action02]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-131 - Follow with jatinder on hrt2
   and dom events [on Tobin Titus - due 2014-04-02].

   plh: you may also want to talk to Travis as well
   ... since he is doing D3E

Beacon

   issue-12?

   <trackbot> issue-12 -- Determine appropriate size limit for
   beacon data based on current usage patterns -- raised

   <trackbot> [17]http://www.w3.org/2010/webperf/track/issues/12

     [17] http://www.w3.org/2010/webperf/track/issues/12

   plh: Mike, any idea of what Akamai would like on this?

   Mike: it depends on the data. resource timing is bigger than
   navigation timing
   ... could look into it

   tobin: should it be on an individual request or on the queue?
   ... trying to make a guarantee could be a disaster

   plh: beacon doesn't return errors, so you don't know

   tobin: it could be per implementation
   ... so not sure that specifying is a good thing
   ... I'm for a size per message, but not for a queue

   mike: i'll look at the sizes we're sending

   <scribe> ACTION: mmccall to provide on data size for beacon
   [recorded in
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2014/03/26-webperf-minutes.html#action05]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-132 - Provide on data size for beacon
   [on Mike McCall - due 2014-04-02].

RAF

   [19]https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests/issues?labels=ani
   mation-timing

     [19]
https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests/issues?labels=animation-timing

   plh: we're missing tests

   [20]https://critic.hoppipolla.co.uk/showcomment?chain=1469

     [20] https://critic.hoppipolla.co.uk/showcomment?chain=1469

   <scribe> ACTION: Tobin to look at
   [21]https://critic.hoppipolla.co.uk/showcomment?chain=1469
   [recorded in
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2014/03/26-webperf-minutes.html#action06]

     [21] https://critic.hoppipolla.co.uk/showcomment?chain=1469

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-133 - Look at
   [23]https://critic.hoppipolla.co.uk/showcomment?chain=1469 [on
   Tobin Titus - due 2014-04-02].

     [23] https://critic.hoppipolla.co.uk/showcomment?chain=1469

   plh: this generates inconsistent results for the tests
   ... once we have the tests, we could move it to proposed
   recommendation

   [24]https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests/pull/425

     [24] https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests/pull/425

Other issues

   Mike: adding protocol and size in resource timing
   ... what's the status?

   <scribe> ACTION: plh to find the status of protocol and size in
   resource timing [recorded in
   [25]http://www.w3.org/2014/03/26-webperf-minutes.html#action07]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-134 - Find the status of protocol and
   size in resource timing [on Philippe Le H├ęgaret - due
   2014-04-02].

   [26]https://www.w3.org/wiki/Web_Performance/Publications

     [26] https://www.w3.org/wiki/Web_Performance/Publications

   [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Mike to provide on data size for beacon [recorded
   in
   [27]http://www.w3.org/2014/03/26-webperf-minutes.html#action05]
   [NEW] ACTION: plh to find the status of protocol and size in
   resource timing [recorded in
   [28]http://www.w3.org/2014/03/26-webperf-minutes.html#action07]
   [NEW] ACTION: Tobin to follow with Jatinder on HRT2 and DOM
   Events [recorded in
   [29]http://www.w3.org/2014/03/26-webperf-minutes.html#action02]
   [NEW] ACTION: Tobin to look at
   https://critic.hoppipolla.co.uk/showcomment?chain=1469
   [recorded in
   [30]http://www.w3.org/2014/03/26-webperf-minutes.html#action06]
   [NEW] ACTION: Tobin to remove postpone from Resource Priorities
   [recorded in
   [31]http://www.w3.org/2014/03/26-webperf-minutes.html#action01]

   [End of minutes]
Received on Wednesday, 26 March 2014 19:47:45 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:04:38 UTC