Re: cache hints and preresolutions

Hi Peter,

I have a couple of questions regarding these additions:
* Caching hints - What is the benefit from adding those? Avoiding a
conditional request+304 if the resource is cached & stale, but still
relevant?
* Preresolution - What is the scenario where you would be forced to go
through the redirect if you already know the final URL of the redirection
chain (especially if it's a 301 response)? In other words, why hint it, if
you could explicitly direct your iframe at it? Is it relevant only to
appliances that have a hard time modifying the HTML itself?

Cheers,
Yoav