Re: [beacon] Random comments

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 3:10 PM, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Feb 2014, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
>> On 2/12/14 5:52 PM, Jonas Sicking wrote:
>> > I personally think C makes the most sense since it doesn't involve
>> > grabbing some omnious global state. Instead the behavior is determined
>> > by the more tangible answer to the question "which object did you call
>> > a function on".
>>
>> What object, or what function?
>>
>> Consider windowC.navigator.sendBeacon.apply(windowD.navigator, args)
>
> Ah yeah, I missed one of the options!
>
> Incidentally, I'm pretty sure that regardless of what option we pick here,
> it can be justified as consistent with some previously existing API.

I thought you guys were trying to unify these things and bring some
sanity. The question was which of the options we were trying to unify
to. If effectively the platform is a free-for-all and we've given up
on making things consistent (due to webcompat?) then that's certainly
part of the answer to the question at hand.

/ Jonas