Use of prefixes in tests

From: James Graham <james@hoppipolla.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 15:23:15 +0100
To: "public-test-infra@w3.org" <public-test-infra@w3.org>, public-web-perf@w3.org
I notice that webperftestharnessextension.js [1] has a lot of
browser-specific prefixes and that [2] fails in gecko because
"TypeError: this.performanceContext.webkitMark is undefined".

Please don't add browser-specific features, including prefixes, to the
shared test repository, even if you make some attempt to be "fair" and
have one non-standard codepath per well-known implementation.

Can I request that the owner of these tests fixes them? If this isn't
possible I will make the necessary changes myself.

[1]
https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests/blob/master/user-timing/resources/webperftestharnessextension.js
[2]
https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests/blob/master/user-timing/resources/webperftestharnessextension.js