From: Shwetank Dixit [mailto:shwetankd@opera.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 5:52 AM
To: public-web-perf@w3.org
Subject: [ResourcePriorities] postpone attribute on <audio>

There does not seem to be a postpone attribute supported for <audio>[1]. I've tried searching for a clear answer for it, but even on the archives, there doesn't seem to be much on it.

I certainly think there is a use case for this attribute on <audio>.
If the purpose of the spec is help download resources optimally, then IMO <audio> would benefit from this attribute too. At least, we could have support for this if the controls attribute is also mentioned along with it (thereby making it a visible resource)?

[1] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webperf/raw-file/tip/specs/ResourcePriorities/Overview.html#the-audio-element
[2] http://www.w3.org/2013/06/26-webperf-irc (19:13:48)
--
Shwetank Dixit