Re: [ResourceTiming] Wire Protocol

In yesterday's meeting minutes, a few people mentioned that the only
protocols enumerated by resource timing be strictly HTTP-based.  While I
can agree in principle, the web moves much faster than standards bodies.
For example, SPDY first came to light in 2009; it's taken almost four
years for it to get close to being called "HTTP".

What would happen if a UA supported a proprietary protocol, and fetched a
resource via that protocol from the server?  Would Resource Timing ignore
it because it doesn't fall into the enumerated HTTP-only list, leave it
blank, or worse, mislabel it as HTTP?  I think that if a resource was
fetched by a User Agent via HTTP/SPDY/QUIC/etc., it should be labeled as
such.

Mike