RE: [ResourceTiming] Handling of "resourcetimingbufferfull" events makes no sense

From: Jatinder Mann <jmann@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 22:36:45 +0000
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>, Arvind Jain <arvind@google.com>
CC: public-web-perf <public-web-perf@w3.org>
Supporting onresourcetimingbufferfull as an event handler for a simple event, as opposed to just a function pointer, seems like a better design. Looks like we can make that change and not negatively impact our existing implementations with a simple change to the Performance interface definition in Navigation Timing. I don't think we should take updates to a spec in Recommendation state lightly, but I think this one is simple enough to just do.

Does anyone have concerns with making this change? We would probably want to update the Navigation Timing errata, http://www.w3.org/2012/12/navigation-timing-errata.html, with text like the following:

Section 4.4 The window.performance attribute
The Performance object needs to extend EventTarget. Replace "interface Performance" with "interface Performance: EventTarget"

Jatinder