Re: Adding protocol information to Resource Timing

I appreciate the back channel concern. I just wanted to understand the
statement that Resource Timing should not repeat information that the
server already knows. From the spdy-dev email:
"""
We, at Akamai, are working on using real-user monitoring (RUM) to
measure server's,
SPDY vs. HTTP, performance. With variety of protocols (http/spdy2/spdy3)
in use it is hard to figure out how many components were fetched over what
protocol in a given page and that makes it hard to understand/trust
performance measurement results without digging deep into what is on the
page.
"""

As I understand that email, one server wants to know about resources
being served by other servers. That's the only reason I asked for
clarification since I didn't see how James' response to the original
email addressed the desired use case.